Monday, April 16, 2007

Taking the Stigma Out of Scalping

A few months ago I got an email from a ticket 'broker', who claimed to :

"Create a private ticket brokerage that did more than sell tickets. That's right. They don't just sell tickets. They provide the gateway to the hottest in events in town - in a quick, easy and stress-free manner. Whether through a few clicks of the mouse or a quick phone call, will get you into the action."

I had no idea what ticket 'brokers' did until yesterday. A presale of tickets was offered for the U.S. Open by ticket master starting April 14. By the the 15th all the tickets were gone except for the top row, that's right, row Z of the 23,000+ seat Arthur Ashe stadium.

Then it occurred to me that maybe these tickets had been bought by these 'brokers' or scalpers. So I went to website I remembered from the email, and there were the tickets listed at twice the price. I feel so naive.

This above broker claimed to have a rating from the Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau is giving out ratings to scalpers. I never thought I'd live to see the day....

No comments: